Time To Get Dolled Up!

Sun. September 23, 2018

Today was going to be a busy but fun day. 

I started my day off by waking up early at 7:45am. I knew I only had a few hours to get things done and I had to make the best of it. To begin I threw a load of clothes in the washing machine. I have to work tomorrow but have no clothes. I had been meaning to wash them for a few days now but either never got around to it or was plain lazy.

While my clothes were swimming in a spinning pool of soapy water I left to the bank. I have not put money in my account for about a month being very diligent with my spending. Unfortunately, it is now time for the bills to start rolling in so payment will be required.

Being a Sunday, my bank trip was a breeze. Went in, let the machine eat up my cash and walked out. I must say, deposits by ATM machine are very convenient. No paperwork needed unless a receipt is requested. Simple.


(photo found on Google images)

I got back home within the hour. I believe before my clothes were even done washing. Waiting for them to finish up I jumped on the computer to do some light work. I set up post for tomorrow along with contacting the guys who have been working on the business logo. Once that was done I went into the basement to get my clothes so they could be hung up to dry.

The time had come.

My personal activities for the day had come to an end. I hopped I could do more but it came time to shave my face and shower. The main event for the day was in 2 hours. We were invited to attend a wedding for a friend/coworker of my girlfriend. She were to be married to the love of her life in a mere few hours. Keeping that in mind I prepared myself for the celebration.

My girlfriend picked me up at 1:30pm. The ceremony was being held in a church 25 minutes from where I live. Being close we were 5 minutes late. I chose to drove and in doing so I made us late. I missed the exit to the town we needed to be in making the trip longer.

Walking towards the church I was amazed at how beautiful my girlfriend looked in her lovely blue elegant dress. I had seen her in it once before when she tried it on at the store but it did not compare. Today she was dolled up looking exceptionally magnificent.


(photo found on Google images)

They said ‘I do.’

After the ceremony my girlfriend and I stopped at Wendy’s for a snack. We had 2 hours to wait for dinner but could not make that happen. From there we went to Target in hopes of finding myself a phone charger. My phone was on 10% because I forgot to charge it overnight. The Target I chose was like a mall. I never expected it to be so huge and confusing. It was nothing like I have seen before and I liked it. If we were not pressed for time I would have loved to browse.


(photo found on Google images)

At the reception we first made our way over to the open bar. We did not want to find our seats with empty hands. That’s just an excuse. It was more of a lazy thing so we would not have to walk back to get them. We made it a one-way trip.

Walking through the place I admired the décor and appreciated how spacious the hall was. Shortly after finding our seats things started off as normal. Cocktail hour, salads to pick at and then the main event. The bridesmaids and groomsmen we called out and then the bride and groom themselves.

Sadly, the newlyweds had their first dance interrupted by a technical difficulty. They seemed upset but made due with it. After a few minutes of dancing to a completely random song their choice for the evening was finally played.

It was a nice night.

Dinner was amazing. I chose to get a medium well-done filet mignon. The steak was cooked to perfection. Desert was incredibly filling. There were a lot of options for to choose form, some good but most bad. The taste was off a bit from what I knew it to be. But I still enjoyed myself.

The dance floor was fun. The DJ was not good but we were able to make the best of what he played. The songs were fan favorites so A+ for that. If his transitions were better between songs he would have been the highlight of the night. Instead he chose to play merengue to get the party going and then followed it up with a love song from someone I cannot remember, to hip hop, to the Cha Cha Slide. It really was awful.

maxresdefault (2)

(photo found on Google images)

We partied enough.

By 10:15 we had left and headed back to my place. She was going to spend the night since we both had to be up early in the morning. Her for automotive maintenance and me for work.

At my house there was no parking. We must have driven around for 20 minutes trying to figure out a solution. I tried my best to fit her in the driveway but it was no good. She was not happy with how her car looked, 80% in the driveway, 15% on the sidewalk and 5% in the street. Luckily someone left as soon as I was about give in and have her go home. Thankfully they left because I would have been in trouble if she had gone home because I was frustrated.

Not long after getting inside we were asleep. It was already past 12am and we both had early days in the morning.


I was able to get one logo finalized and another revised. Tomorrow might be the last day working on it and be completed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.