Fresh New Cut & More Work!

Weds. July 18, 2018 

Move it, move it! 

After 4 days of waking up at 4:30 in the morning I love shifting over to dinner. I like getting out early but not at the cost of my sleep. Being able to wake at 11am will win every time. I do not mind working night shifts. 

When I woke up I continued my laundry quest from yesterday. I had two more loads to complete but only got through one. Unfortunately the basement to my house has a slight electrical issue that we cannot figure out. For many many years the washer and dryer were able to run simultaneously without a hiccup. For the past year or so that has all changed. Now whenever both machines are running the first floor to the house loses power. A breaker shuts down or fuse blows. It is the weirdest thing. Either way it is manageable but slightly annoying.  


Around 12:50pm I left the house to head into town about 15 minutes away from where I live. I went to visit my girlfriend’s salon, where she works, to get a haircut. It has been a while since I have been in a seat for a cut. So long that I fell in love with one of the best hair clips I have ever used. It looks a bit weird when I tie my hair with it since I am a dude but it worked so well that I could care less about what people thought. Having told that to my stylist, she made sure I could not use it again. It was pretty funny.  

Before actually getting my haircut I stopped in a Starbucks for a coffee and snack. I have not eaten all day and was starving. With 20 minutes to spare I ordered a triple mocha frappe with a slice of pumpkin bread. Once I actually sat down and got comfortable it was time for me to go. I had half of my bread, a few sips of coffee and read about 3 line from a book I started to read a few days ago. I miss reading so much. Now days I am either too busy or too tired to understand what’s in front of me. My goal is to read even if it is a page a day. “Invisible Man” keep me entertained!  


(photo found on Google images)

Hunger pains! 

I left the salon around 2pm and sat in my car. While there I contemplated about what to do about food. I thought my girlfriend would have had time to grab a bite to eat with me but she was too busy for it. She ended up eating the lunch she brought from home. I left alone with a growling stomach. My choices were to go home and cook or pick something up. After consulting with my GPS, I realized the sushi place I like was only 8 minutes away. Ding ding. We have a winner! 

As I buckled my seat belt I placed an order for pick up. My plan was to drive by, walk in to get it and go. When I got there things changed. It is the perfect place to play Pokémon Go! with three gyms and about six PokéStops. I wanted to be quick but had to play.  


(photo found on Google images)

I walked around the area for about 10 minutes collecting items and catching Pokémon. During my walk I stumbled upon a small farmers market in the middle of a busy parking lot. The locals were showing their support but I did not see anything I liked or needed. I did have the pleasure of meeting many people behind the tables that were amazingly nice. Especially this one lady who smiled at me with so much joy that I almost bought a bottle of lotion. 

Back at the sushi place, Pandang, I walked into a warm welcoming. I eat there often and always order the same thing so they are very familiar with me. The order was ready and waiting for me right by the register. I am quite fond of the hospitality and appreciate it every time. 

I was home by 2:45pm setting up a small foldable table in the living room in front of the TV. I have not watched ‘actual’ TV that I liked in a while. As I dug into my meal, spicy crab roll and salmon tempura, I watched Diesel Brothers. It is a show about a bunch of guys who tear down and build diesel trucks with a lot of flair. The work they do is amazing. I used to watch the show when it first came out but lost interest. After today I might get back into it since a new season is coming soon.  


(photo found on Google images)


Time to get busy! 

At 3:30pm I left my house to head to work. We were providing our service to the folks of a luxury apartment building. It was cool because the lady I work with had her son. I really enjoy working with the kid. He brings me joy with his witty remarks and random information. There is always something new.  

The shift was pretty simple. The people that stopped by had big orders that the three of us could push out in minutes. Bulk orders for one person verses single orders for multiple people always work out for the best. At the end of day, we dealt with the least amount of people and made the most amount of money. By the end of our 3 hour shift we had made more money than the lady I work with had thought. She was shocked to have done the numbers she saw on the report with her phone. She asked me a few times if I could believe it saying, ‘Yes, because they were big orders.’ All she kept thinking about was how few people actually came out.  

Once 9:30pm hit I was on the road home. It was an early night and I loved it. As soon as I got home I showered and went straight to the kitchen. It was time for dinner. I was so hungry after working those 3 hours. I needed to replenish my energy before hitting the pillow. It is now 11:55 and I plan on sleeping early tonight. 


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.