Just Drive Around & Shop!

Tues. July 3, 2018 

What a nap. 

It was around 1:30am when I finally fell asleep. I knew pretty soon my eyes would be opened once again but I needed a short nap. It was not to long before the 4am alarm went off having my rest disturbed. We had to leave the house by 4:30 in order to make to the airport with enough time for the ladies to check in. Being up so early I needed to grab a bite to eat. My energy was low with no sleep. In the fridge was half a bowl of an acai mix that my girlfriend left it for me last night. She had gotten full and could not finish it all but I had no problem devouring it. In with acai mix were strawberries, blueberries, coconut shavings and granola. Not too sure what acai is but it was good. I also do not know where she got it from but I would not mind going back. 

In the car most of us sat, waiting. My girlfriend in the driver’s seat, her cousin in the back seat and me on the passenger side. The only one we needed was the sister. She decided to take a last-minute shower knowing we were pressed for time. Thankfully not many people were on the road. We made right at 5am giving them about an hour to get settled. As I said my goodbyes I wished my girlfriend would stay. I have had a blast with her this past week only to have it end in a rush. The airport is no place for social hour with the craziness of cars trying to drop off bodies at the door. I got a quick hug and kiss before they scurried off. 

Need more sleep!  

Back at her place by 5:30am I desperately wanted to be back in bed. I fought it in order to get a post ready for this morning. I forgot to set up a scheduled time and needed to make sure it was good go. Shortly after I made my way up the bedroom where I slept for 3 hours. 

I was awake by 11:30am ready for breakfast. I had left the dog sleeping downstairs so I knew he was waiting for me hungry. The moment I stepped from out of the hall he walks up to me and stretches. Like great partners we walked to the kitchen together to get our grub on. As he had his bowl of dog food mixed with sweet potato, I had my cup of coffee and cinnamon raisin swirl toast.  

After breakfast we headed to the living room where I had my Chromecast set up. Season 3 of “Supernatural was released on Netflix a few months back and I was more than excited to get the opportunity to start watching it. After a few technical difficulties and router replacement, it streamed smoothly.


(photo found on Google images)

There was a small storm. 

Around 3:45pm my mother text me wondering if I could pick up a few things for the house. Since I was not working I figured being a good son and bring her what she asked for without complaining would be nice. It was rough especially since I was beyond comfortable doing nothing. But I got dressed and headed out. 

On the way to Stop and Shop the skies were scary looking. Lighting shimmered throughout the dark grey clouds. Thunder let loose every so often. It was going to pour. As I walked through the super market collecting the items requested, and filling my cart with more things than needed, I could hear the rain hitting the roof hard. Within minutes the power in the whole building shuts down. I was in the back of the store with no windows in the pitch black.



It is a bit blurry.

Immediately I pulled out my phone to turn on its flashlight feature. As I turned mine on the people around me did the same. Throughout the store for about 10 minutes there were people walking around shopping with their flashlight lit phones in one hand and cart in the other. It was pretty cool.  

Finally out I headed to home in the what seemed to be a torrential storm. The rain fell heavy smacking on my windshield. The traffic was horrendous, bumper to bumper with no space for even a mouse. It took me 30 minutes to get home when normally it is a 15 minutes ride.  

Once home I unloaded the trunk. Water, soda, chicken, beef, crackers, etc. The moment I walked through the door my face lit up with happiness. My nephew was home with my mother and grandfather. I was more thrilled to see him than anything. For about a half an hour I played with him until I called it quits and left. The rain had stopped and it was the perfect time to leave.  

On my way back to my girlfriend’s house I decide to take a detour.  

I was off today and already on the road so I took a trip to see my favorite aunt. She was working at the time so I knew it would be a nice surprise.  

As I walked into Kmart I had a nostalgic feeling. Back in 2010 working there was my first job and lasted for 3 years until I found more money somewhere else. It brought back great memories being there. Making my way to see my aunt I could see she was in the middle of a conversation with old co-worker of mine. That gentleman has been working there for years. It was nice to know that he was still moving strong. When my aunt turned around I could see the joy in her face. I have not seen her in a few months because of how crazy my schedule has been between working and me wanting a nap. For a few hours we talked while I helped her fold clothes like back in the day. I still cannot fold properly but it looked good.  

Since I was already in Kmart, I decided to buy three V-neck T-shirts since I folded a few of the good-looking ones. With my Shop Your Rewards card, my total went from $15 to $2.50. Great day to shop! Win! 


Sitting in the car I checked around to see what I wanted to eat. No being food, I remembered Target was 10 minutes away so I went to check out their pants selection. I ended up finding a pair of jeans that I was too lazy to try on so hopefully they fit. I also picked up some forming cream by American Crew to try out with my hair. Why are they so expensive? 

Going back! 

On the way home, I needed food. My last meal was around noon so by 9pm I was starving. Along my route was a Bonchon Chicken so I pulled in front of it to order take out. At the register I ended ordering $22 worth of food just for myself. What was I thinking!? 


Back at her place I dug in with the dog next to me. We had a great meal that afterwards put us out. As we laid on the living room couch I another episode of “Supernatural” playing. Keeping my eyes open were a challenge. The dog fell asleep right away in between my legs. 

We went upstairs around 12am so I could write this and shower. I hope to be in bed soon. 

Good night! 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.