The Weather Plays A Big Part !

 Fri. June 1, 2018 

Late nights are not good! 

Up at 7am to move my car. I got home late last night so I was extremely tired. Back inside and under my blanket, I slept until 11:30am. I did not have to work until late afternoon taking advantage of resting as much as I could. So much for a 10am alarm.  

The first thing on my agenda was to finish the Word document I started yesterday. I was getting really into it but stopped to play with my nephew. So I went straight to the computer. After finishing that I thought about yesterday’s online seminar regarding Instagram. It got me thinking about incorporating a ‘pictures section’ for the blog. I am not quite sure how I want to approach it yet. Maybe post pictures and the have the community pick which one I should upload or post the same pictures I use on Instagram for the section? It needs more thought. 


(photo found on Google images)

Eat, ready, go! 

For lunch I had a bowl of Frosted Flakes cereal while I watched a DashieGames video on YouTube. He is on vacation right now but has pre-recorded videos to keep us, his fans, occupied until he comes back. I have to say I appreciate his thoughtfulness. 

By 2pm I was dressed and heading out the door. It was time to start my journey. Tonight is Pier 13 night which means I will not be getting home any time soon. So before making my drive I stopped for gas. Getting it at 1 in the morning can be rough so the earlier the better. It is crazy to see how high the prices are rising. A scary thought Is how far it can go? 

Made it safe! 

Close to my destination I first park at the garage where I have built a few good relationships. I leave my car and walk to the meter with my wallet in hand. As always, I have not figured out why, I forgot to check my space number. I have been parking there for 2 years and have not learned to look at the ground for the space number. I have to walk back and forth before actually paying the $20 fee for the next 10 hours.  

ls (1)

(photo found on Google images)

After a short 5 minute walk I was on the pier greeting the lady I work with. I was supposed to meet her at 3pm but was late by 15 minutes. When I arrived, she had already unloaded everything and was about to take off. At least I made it before she left. While she stepped away I got right to it. I had less than an hour to get ready for the next seven.  

The night looked iffy. 

The weather could not choose a side to be on today. It was supposed to rain but then it shifted. Only then to come back but scheduled for later throughout the night. There were even moments of sun peeking through the clouds that were misleading. When nightfall came the sky was dark, cloudy and ominous but nothing happened. The entire time, from 4 – 11pm, the day screamed stay inside. Most people did. Besides the weather, I along with a staff member, figured everyone was most likely making their way down to the shore for the weekend. With these two factors business was slow. 

Around 11:30 we called it quits and packed up. By 12am the promised rain came with a force. For 30 minutes it rained cats and dogs leaving behind a slippery earth. It was nothing but a show. The rest of the way home was clear. Not a single rain cloud in sight. By 1:30 I was home and in the shower.  

Finally in bed by 2:30am. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.