A Day of Work !

April 26, 2018

Woke up 7:45 and fell back to sleep until 8:30. 

Another day of not feeling well but work is important and I must go. We will be at two new locations that I want to impress. Before heading out for the day I made myself a cup of ginger honey tea and grabbed a vanilla Oui yogurt from the fridge.

Out the door at 9:45. I should and wanted to leave earlier but I could not get this sluggish body of mine to move any faster than what it was. On the way there, the GPS thought it would be best if I took the employees route. Yes, it was shorter but unfortunately that route meant I needed a key card and there were no guards for me to speak to. As I thought of another route around someone pulled in behind me. Little did she know I did not work there so she had to back up in order for me to get out of the way. Luckily, she was a nice lady a told me where to go, too bad she could not let me in after her.

Even though she told me which street the front of the building was on I still put it into the GPS. The front entrance was 15 minutes from the back entrance. How was that possible? I literally had to go around the property, through town, get detoured by construction before I saw the main gate to the Toys R Us headquarters. The ride was a pain but at least I was able to see some beautiful homes along the way.


(photo found on Google images)

If the weather could only stay this way.

The day was perfect. Sunny, warm, cool breeze, 68 degrees. The best day of the week to for ‘Bring Your Child to Work Day’. (Not only that, the lady I work with brought her son. Big plus.) Who knew we would be so lucky to be able to serve this company today. To be honest, before going there we were told that it would not be a good place for business. Little did they know that it actually was. It turned out to be better than what was expected.

Time to for dinner.

We packed up at 3:30 to head to our next location. At this point I was feeling so bad that the lady I work with had to give me some DayQuil for my headache and congestion. Without it I do not think I would have survived the rest of the day.

The next location was close, 15 minutes away to be exact. Once we got there things got confusing. It is a two building apartment complex that is spread out by a small pond. This pond sits right in the middle of them with a narrow 2-way road going around it. Where we set up was questionable but seemed the safest until we were told to move further up towards the first building. This was even worse but apparently the place to be. When we moved we were place right in the middle of both buildings at the tip of the bend. Not ideal but it was convenient for the people living there.


(Google Maps)

Even though the move delayed service by a few minutes it turned out to be a great night for our first time being there. The complex was definitely enthusiastic!

Time to head home.

Around 9:10 we were in our cars and on the road home. The time to get home was a lot shorter because we were right by highway. It took me an hour to get to Toys R Us but from the apartment complex about 30 minutes to get home. By 10pm I was relaxing in front the computer opening up a package my uncle sent me. Surprise, surprise a new graphics card for my desktop. Nothing fancy but perfect for what I need it for. Behold a brand new ASUS Cerberus GTX 1050 Ti. Thank you tio!


(photo found on Google images)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.