Action Packed!

March 25, 2018

Sunday baby!  

Did not sleep in too much this weekend. Woke up at 9:45am and straight into the shower. There is nothing better than taking a hot shower in a cold morning to get started.

For breakfast I had the usual cup of fresh brewed coffee with buttered bread. This has been my weekend meal since I started drinking coffee as a kid.

While I ate my sister and nephew show up to play. Yesterday my sister bought a sit and step toy to help the baby get his balance and have fun while doing it. Out of excitement to see how he likes the toy I put him in it right away. It is cute how he knows nothing about playing and everything about banging.

I left the house around 12:30pm to head to an appointment. The person I was meeting lives 15 minutes from my house which was great. My mentor met me there to help explain and teach me about investments. This appointment made me want to pass my Series 6 exam even more. It was a great learning experience!

Afterwards I had planned to go to the laundromat and wash a couple of big quits that do not fit in my washer. On the way to get detergent I called my best friend to see how his new computer was running. To my surprise he had not picked up a copy of Windows from the person who build the pc. Apparently, my friend was just about to call an Uber because he had to get it after 3. Being a great friend, I picked him up instead. I figured the laundromat was not going anywhere.

On the way back to my friend’s house we stopped at Micro Center to geek out a bit. Walking around made us hungry so we stop at Ani Ramen along the way. It has to be one of the best ramen shops in my area of New Jersey. To start off we ordered a set of pork buns and a dish of chili charred edamame. For the entree we picked today’s special which was kimchi tempura shrimp ramen. As always, to wash it down we drank their incredibly tasty yuzu lemonade. The BEST!

For a snack we walked down the street to a place called Vanillamore. It was our first time going in and actually trying something. We got hazelnut hot chocolates with a shot of espresso thanks to the cashier’s recommendation. I have to say the staff was amazing.

We got back to his house around 6pm and uploaded Windows onto the hard drive. It was not an easy process. The hard drives had been used previously and needed to be erased, then I had to install the software three times before it actually booted straight through without getting the ‘Blue Screen of Death’.

I left his house around 8:45 to stop at McDonald’s. My girlfriend wanted an Oreo McFlurry with fries. She was having a rough night and wanted to wind down with a little ‘feel good’ food. Typical McDonalds, ice cream machine is down. Getting to her house empty handed was disappointing.

The rest of the night was simple. Conference call at 9, laid out in front of the TV and watched a great movie, “Four Brothers.”

(photos found on Google images)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.