DAY 1!

March 16, 2018 

Today was a draining but productive day. 

I woke up way earlier than normal today. I was up by 7am but it might have been earlier. I remember laying in bed telling myself to stay asleep. Too bad my brain was wide awake. It was racing at 1,000 miles per hour. My body could not even keep up. I had to literally force myself out of bed. If it was not for the fact that I had to move my car I would have stayed under the covers tying to sleep until my alarm went off. But I got up. 

After moving my car, I sat in front the computer and opened a blank Word page. I needed to slow my mind down before it became overwhelming. For an hour I got my ideas down. All rough drafts with misspelled word and run on sentences. I will be busy with edits. 

Since I woke up so early my eyes were heavy. At this point I know that a nap is needed or else making it through the rest of my day was going to be difficult. From 8am to 845 I took the best one possible. I was completely out. Not even my alarms first attempt could wake me. Thankfully all of my alarms are set to buzz every 5 minutes for 5 times. Very helpful!  

Once I officially woke up it was time to get moving. I had to be at work at 10:30am which gave me an hour to smack myself up, brush my teeth, have a bowl of cereal and get dressed. 

It was a cold one. The temperature was in the mid 40s with the wind chill making it feel like the mid 20s. We were in the Short Hills area today right off the highway. It had been a while since the last time I was there and I had forgotten how much the wind blows. To warm up I had Japanese curry with slow cooked pork belly. It is such a delicious meal; carrots, sweet peppers, onions. So warm and comforting. As a side I ate a mini pork bun which is an Asian steamed bun with slow cooked pork bully inside, topped with pickled sweat peppers and scallions.  

We finished up around 3pm. Traffic on the way home was smooth. For a Friday and the highway to not be busy is a miracle. I was able to get home within 30 minutes. 

I showered up and got ready for the best part of my day. The head of my office, aka Coach, holds conferences every two months. This is how he gathers his business from across the states in order to have us all mingle. He holds the conference in a hotel so that everyone has the option to rent a room. It is a 2day event that provides a lot of information to help us become successful as he is.   

Since I had to work I missed the first half. The second half began at 7pm so I got there early around 6. I met up with my mentor and team mates. We grabbed our seats and for the next three hours soaked in what was being said. 

Once the conference ended the after party began. The head of our office hires a DJ and has the hotel staff set up a dance floor. Another room down the hall is where the karaoke mic is set up for all singers to be. The hotel bar happens to be conveniently in the same hall which is where most of my night was spent with a couple of great friends. So, for the next couple of hours iis nothing but fun.   


(photo found on Google images)


I should have stopped at 3… 


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.